## What is a website design brief?
A website design brief is a document that describes the goals of a website project and how it will be achieved.
The purpose of a design brief is to:
1. Define the project
2. Describe the project goals
3. Provide a high-level overview of how the project will be implemented
4. Identify the project deliverables
5. Outline the project timeline
6. Estimate the project costs
7. Set the project budget
## Define the website project
In this step, you need to define the scope of the project. The scope is the set of goals that you want to achieve with the website. It is important to clearly define the project scope, so that everyone involved in the project has a clear understanding of what needs to be done and how much time it will take to do it.
Here is an example of a project scope statement:
Our goal is to create a website that will help our customers to learn more about our products and services. We want to make the website user-friendly and easy to navigate, and we want it to be visually appealing. We also want the website to be responsive, meaning that it will look good on any device, whether it is a desktop computer, a laptop, a tablet, or a mobile phone.
## Describe the website goals
Now that you have defined the website scope, it is time to describe the website goals. These are the things that the website needs to accomplish. The website goals are the most important part of the design brief. They are the foundation on which the rest of the document is built. Without clear goals, you won’t have a clear idea of what the website is supposed to do, and you will have a hard time explaining it to your client.
Here are some examples of website goals:
– To provide information about our company and our products. This is the most basic goal of any website, and it is the first goal that you should list in your website goals.
– To educate our customers about the products that we offer. You can also list this as a goal, but it is not as important as providing information about the company and its products.
– To sell our products to our customers. If you are selling products on your website, this is the second most important goal of your website. You will need to make sure that your website is easy to use, and that it is easy for your customers to find the products they are looking for. You may also want to include a “contact us” page, where your customers can get in touch with you if they have any questions about your company or your products.
If you are not selling products, you can still list this goal. However, it will not be as important to your project as it would be if you were selling products. You should still include a contact us page, but you don’t need to include as many other goals as you would if your website was designed to sell products. For example, if you are designing a website for a magazine, you may not need to list the goal “to educate our readers about the articles that we publish”. However, you will still need to have a “read articles” page on the website, so your readers can find the articles they are interested in reading.
Example of a goal for a simple website:
Our website is a simple one-page website. We have only one goal: to provide our customers with information about us and our company. We do not want to sell anything on our website, but we do want to provide a way for people to contact us if they need more information or if they want to buy something from us. We don’t want our website to look fancy or complicated, so we will keep the design simple and clean. We will also keep the website responsive, so it will work well on desktop computers, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones.
Our goal is simple, but our website will be more than just a simple page. It will include a contact us page where our customers can contact us for more information, and a read articles page where they can read our articles and learn about the topics that we cover in our magazine. Our customers will also be able to read our latest articles on our blog, and they can sign up for our newsletter to get the latest news about our magazine and our website.